Hello! Are you new here? Welcome! I'm Kate!
I'm guessing you might be wondering who this [exclamation over-user] blogger is, yes?
Let me fill you in, with a one [longish] post overview!
I'm happily married to Jeff [he's a keeper], country boy & together we have 5 children.
By clicking on their names, you can read all about their birth stories. Yep, I've been blogging since Georgia was only 6 weeks old! They is not terribly much detail. You see, they were all born in about 5 minutes. Planned c-sections for medical reasons. I think I got it a bit easy.
- Georgia Poppy 6
- Charlotte Daisy 5 here and more pics on this post here
- twin Amelia Bluebell 3
- twin Chelsea Blossom 3
- Lachlan Bud 1
Ok so yes that was 2 kids in 12 months, or 4 kids in 2.5 years or 5 kids in 5 years.
Yes we have our hands full.
Yes, we actually have a TV!
And yes, we have completed our family now.
We've had our fair share of ups & downs in our lives & blogging has really helped me through the good, the bad & the ugly. Sharing our stories and connecting with people all over the world who have had similar experiences has been an absolute treasure to me & reinforces why I love being part of the blogging community.
It took us 8 years of fertility treatment to finally conceive Georgie.
I had a kidney transplant back in 2002, donated by my little sister & usually blog shortly after our anniversary late August, every year.
Our little Chelsea was born a complex congenital heart abnormality and you can read the complete set of posts on her amazing journey through battling for life [given 50/50]. then 2 open heart surgeries + bowel surgery all in the first 9months of her life, by reading our heart story! Surgery one @ 5weeks here and 2nd surgery @ 9months here.
So on the whole we are used to jumping hurdles and surviving.
At home for fun:
- The kids make lots of [bleeding ear drum type] noise & mess but they are mostly happy, so its sorta ok. They love skipping ropes, dress ups & art making.
- When I am not feeding the troops, tidying or putting away washed clothes, I love home projects & organising. I also love to stretch out on the couch for an hour in the afternoon & have the kids jump all over me. I neeeeeeeed to create stuff & I collect Blythe.
- When Jeff is not washing the clothes or doing the recycling, he loves to watch TV, mostly sport, and he watches trains, and watches more TV, and eats lollies.
DOWN TO BUSINESS
I manage my own little mixed media online ETSY shop called Scrapps Flea Market.
- You can see my shop here and flick through my sold items to see past work & commissions. You can see more arty things + work in progress etc by looking through the blog category Scrapps Flea Market & Make & Monday Making.
- Art published in Homespun Magazine 2011 & Etzetera Magazine 2011.
I do part-time graphics as a job from home in the evening when the kids are asleep.
Previous to mixed media, I had good long tenure in the scrapbooking industry where I was extensively published in most Australian craft magazines, co-authored 2 books, taught classes in shops, craft festivals & online, worked on various design teams and also won myself a place on the 2006 For Keeps Scrapbooking Elite team.
And I even had a [wee bit boring] 15 year business career BC [before children]...
- Federal government recruitment & employment services
- Private sector management of Federal employment contracts including administrative management, business organisation & marketing
- Business plan/tender/procedural manual/quality systems writing experience So I've had a plethora of writing practice, I have political viewpoints on most things & a good dose of corporate experience
So I've had a plethora of writing practice, I have political viewpoints on most things & a good dose of corporate experience
See wee bit boring huh? But my experience has helped me organise a household & 5 children I spose.
Mainly I like to write about:
- My family & our crazy beautiful messy life + parenting + reflections on motherhood
- My quest to live to 100 - my health & fitness journey.
- My artwork, my kids artwork, creative living + with my little childlike illustrations included
- Home improvements, home organisation & best practice
- Up-cycling, re-purposing & sustainability & even a bit of family friendly fashion on a budget, "Wears & Wares Wednesday"
- My Blythe collection [yes kooky I know]
- My attempt to convert from foodie wannabe [not really very good] to Le Cordon Bleu cooking extraordinaire - self taught over the next 6, 9, 12 years?
- Technology! Yay, we are a geeky bunch here... APPLE. not PC, just APPLE, thank you!
- And lastly list making - I am a prolific list writer
Please contact me anytime for sponsored posts, advertorials, blog sponsorship & garden variety kindness...
Email: kate [at] katemason [dot] com [dot] au
Twitter: all one word.... " i kate mason "
ETSY: scrappsfleamarket [dot] etsy [dot] com
Facebook business page: https://facebook [dot] com [dot] /scrappsfleamarket
Thanks for visiting!
Kate Mason xo