I am so glad I came across this now when my son is only just shy of 18 months old.
After 4 daughters, he certainly is a different creature.
25 Rules for Mothers of Sons...
1. Teach him the words for how he feels.
2. Be a cheerleader for his life
3. Teach him how to do laundry
4. Read to him and read with him.
5. Encourage him to dance.
6. Make sure he has examples of good men who are powerful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity.
7. Make sure he has examples of women who are beautiful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity
8. Be an example of a beautiful woman with brains, determination, and integrity.
9. Teach him to have manners
10. Give him something to believe in
11. Teach him that there are times when you need to be gentle
12. Let him ruin his clothes
13. Learn how to throw a football
14. Go outside with him
15. Let him lose
16. Give him opportunities to help others
17. Remind him that practice makes perfect.
18. Answer him when he asks, "Why?"
19. Always carry band-aids and wipes on you.
20. Let his dad teach him how to do things
21. Give him something to release his energy
22. Build him forts
23. Take him to new places
24. Kiss him
25. Be home base
[Rules borrowed from Tabitha.]
If you have a son, I urge you to go read this. Its the beautiful long version, but worthwhile. I am going to print it out.
Life has been a blur ever since he was born, but no matter, he is still MAGIC to me.
I am constantly fascinated by him & am learning how to parent a boy as I go.
LOVE having a little boy in the house.