I don't think there is any other season I look forward to quite as much as I do Spring. Every year the winter seems to get colder & longer & the ol' joints are getting a bit creaky. Apparently Adelaide did have the the coldest winter recorded in many years. I definitely felt it! And grumble grumble.... even though I get terrible hayfever in Spring, by the end of winter, just the mere thought of finishing up the hibernation & thawing out in lovely Spring sunshine, is exciting. I'm also eager to get cracking on a multitude of home & crafty projects too.
I did a Spring post last year & achieved quite a few things on my list back then. Not others, but its nice to have things to work towards.
So here's a list of things I am working on or want to get started this Spring.
- Weed our garden beds, plant some more Rosemary, maybe a couple of ballerina fruit trees & some sunflowers. Clip my overgrown vine & little unruly tree! Perhaps Jeff could check the gutters?!
- Finish off a few paintings & start some new ones. I have been dreaming of this Nordic inspired art installation for my formal dining room & I am jumping up & down excited to get started.
- Continue with my gym work so I can drop a few kilos this season. Ready to kick goals.
- Work on tweaking a few family favourite meals & adding more from all my lovely healthy cook books. Want to try some more healthy baking treats & staples for the kids lunch boxes & after school snacks.
- Lots of sewing! I've designed a gorgeous new product & I cannot wait to list a few in my ETSY shop!
- Want to go on a hot date with Jeff one night soon. Gold class movies & dinner would be just perfect. Its WAY overdue.
- Setting up a date chart for the kids & Jeff & I. The idea being, each month, we set aside time for the kids to have a real proper date outing with either Jeff or I. Ice skating, dining at a restaurant, going to a movie....
- Get all the beach wear organised & ready for warmer weather.
- Buy a bunch of new skipping ropes & get skipping outside with the kiddies.
- Christmas is all organised already but I'd like to make a few homemade gifts for the kids. Will be checking out Pinterest for inspiration soon!
- Enlist the help of the kids in making some cute teachers Christmas gifts.
- Lots of bike riding!
I think that is all I can think off for now. Yay! Spring is here, lets roll!
What are your plans for spring?